Newshosting just revealed that the Newshosting Usenet Browser is officially out of beta after months of testing. It is available for all Newshosting customers, at no additional charge. Versions are available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The Newshosting Usenet Client allows users to search, browse and preview Usenet content
with unprecedented ease. Version 1.2.1 includes new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
I attach the original list of features, extensions and bug fixes received from Newshosting:
Newshosting v1.2.1 Release Notes (12-20-11)
• Downloads can be paused individually
• NZB Auto Import. Monitors a folder for NZB files, imports and deletes or moves them afterwards.
• Download Scheduler. The download scheduler can be enabled in the settings dialog. It’s configurable
based on time-of-day for different types of downloads, normal downloads, previews and images. This
will help you take advantage of your bandwidth when you’re not using it for other purposes.
• Download scheduler can now be disabled on a per-download basis.
• Additional default window sizes.
• If a download is paused due to the download scheduler it now shows when the download will resume.
• New RAR version.
• Drop support for NZB files. Dropping an NZB over the main application window imports the NZB.
• An alert message is displayed if a user tries to close the settings dialog without having saved the
• Reorganized the settings dialog because of the new features included.
• Previously used window size and position wasn’t restored on Mac OS X.
• In some situations the download scheduler prevented some downloads to start although they should
• Windows XP now remembers the the path that was used in the open file dialog.
• In some situations the previous window size wasn’t restored properly in Windows.
I hope that the new version of the Newshosting newsreader will meet both your and my expectations.